It’s a well known fact that children sometimes contradict their parents. This can be very exasperating when trying to teach a child a lesson and remind them they don’t know it all. While the child may not fully understand it, this contradicting is rebellion and an offense to God. In like manner, there are those who contradict their Heavenly Father. We need to remember that God always speaks the truth and contradicting Him is rebellion against the truth.
Contradiction 1 “God doesn’t love me.”
The Bible declares God’s love for all
- Jer 31:3 “3 The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with loving-kindness I have drawn you.
- The birth of Christ in Bethlehem’s stable is proof of God’s love
- The miracles of Christ prove God’s love (Jn 11:35-44)
- The suffering of Christ on the cross proves God’s love (Is 53; Jn 3:16; Rom 5:8)
- The resurrection of Christ as promised proves God’s love (Jn 10:15-18)
- God’s love is revealed in His creation
- God’s love is seen in His plan of redemption
Contradiction 2 “It’s Impossible”
- Lk 1:37 “37 For with God nothing will be impossible.”
- The promise of the virgin birth was true (Lk 1:26-33)
- God showed His power in the parting of the Red Sea (Ex 14)
- Christ showed his power over nature by calming the sea (Mk 4:35-41)
We often pray as if we are unsure God can come through in the tough times. We need to stop doubting and contradicting and start believing.
Contradiction 3 “I cannot overcome this temptation/desire
- 1 Cor 10:13 “13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.“
- God limits our temptations to “Such is common to man”
- God limits our temptations to what we are able to overcome
- God is faithful and provides a way of escape with each temptation
Its time for us to stop contradicting God and start believing and trusting His Word that we may be able to Say as Paul stated, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (Phil 4:3)